2024(e)ko apirilaren 18(a), osteguna

THREE MEN IN THE BOAT by Jerome K.Jerome

 


SYNOPSIS

The characters in this reading behave in an expected way. In the story there are three men and a dog. The dog, Montmorency, behave like a dog, he catches rats, he doesnt like cats and and wags his tail when he is happy. The other three mens, George, Harris and J, as they are young, the ideas they have are a bit different but they are okay. The main idea from this reading that will continue to be relevant or important in the future I would say is the friendship between the characters Montmorency included. Throughout the story we can find some disagreements about several decisions that they had to take, however, friendship and good vibes are always behind the issues. The writer describes every setting with drawings which helped to understand better the situation that was happening at the time. Nevertheless there was a scene where the author does a fantastic job describing a cat. That cat did not have an ear and even his tail was cut in half. Once his physical appearance had been described, I also included his manner of behaviour, therefore describing the cat that was found in the town of Henley. I would ask him several questions but if I have to choose one I would ask him the following question. Why is he still writing a novel that is over 100 years old? I think that the answer would be so that this beautiful story is not lost and that it continues to be told generation after generation. I like the idea that have these young men have, to go on a trip in a boat considering that nowadays everybody goes to trendy cities its a great idea to go to local towns. In these towns I think that they might learn something new and get to meet new people. Nevertheless, I would like something out of the ordinary to happen. For example, if something happened to the boat or if they had a big fight between them. In general I would like it to have a bit more mystery but I found it an entertaining novel.

PERSONAL OPINION

In my opinion the book is very useful to learn new experiences and to compare the trips that were made 100 years ago and the trips that are made now. It also teaches some very important values, such as friendship, teamwork and cooperation. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to travel and learn new habits.

REVIEW by UXUE ALTUNA MUJIKA

iruzkinik ez:

Argitaratu iruzkina