2024(e)ko irailaren 23(a), astelehena

A FOREIGNER IN NEW YORK by RAMÓN YBARRA RUBIO

 

SYNOPSIS:


I think that the main character, Antonio, behaves in an expected way. He is as humble and a good person as I thought he was going to be. He is a very curious and open minded person. Just because he was brave enough to travel to a new country just to meet his old friend Jason. Some things from the reading that I believe will continue to be important in the future are the history of New York and all the events that happened there, like the catastrophe of the Twins Towers, that every New Yorker is still sad about nowadays. This one of the passages that I found from the book where Antonia and Elaine describe The Statue of Liberty. " We walked around the observation area on the pedestal and admired the views of the harbour and the statue directly above. Then, the stairs in the interior of the statue looked out and we walked up to the windows in the crown on the statue's head. We walked up the spiral staircase inside the statue. The statue is 22 floors high, so there were a lot of steps to climb! Elaine explained about the history of the statue as we walked up. "The statue was designed by a French sculptor called Frédéric- Auguste Bartholdi. He used his mother as a model for it and it took him 21 years to finish it. The interior structure that you can see as we climb was designed by Gustave Eiffel - the same man who later designed the Eiffel Tower in Paris." We finally reached the crown and looked out of the windows at the impressive view. Elaine told me to look at the book that the statue holds in her left hand. I chose this passage because The Statue of Liberty is one of the first places that I would like to go in the future if I travel to New York one day, and this passage discribes the setting very well so anyone that goes there will know exactly how it is. If I could interview the author of this reading, I would ask him which season is the best to visit New York. His response would be a difficult decision for him to make because he only went in winter and summer, but I think that he would answer in winter just because of the beautiful and unique events that are held at that time, like Thanksgiving.

PERSONAL OPINION:

I didn’t really dislike anything about the story if I am being honest and I can’t really think of any part that I disfavoured. But what I really liked about the story is that all the things that were said in the book are true and that if in the future I go to visit the City, I will have a lot of information about New York because of the book.

REVIEW by Greatine Agho Amed

iruzkinik ez:

Argitaratu iruzkina